How to wear distressed jeans in a formal way?
Many women love their distressed jeans but have trouble figuring out how to combine them in a formal way, so do not worry as we have the answers for you in this article.
Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim, advised about this topic “jeans can be combined for many different outfits if you use the right complements, you can always play with your outfits as denim is a very combinable fabric”.
Here are some suggestions that will help you wearing your distressed jeans in a formal way:
- Get dark colors – Jeans in darker tones are always a better choice for formal occasions, and this rule also applies for distressed jeans.
- Dark shoes – If you have light blue denim distressed jeans, the best option is to combine them with dark shoes, as this will make you look more formal. If you want to wear flats instead of heels, make sure they look formal enough.
- Light colors – If you want to combine your distressed jeans in a formal way, try with light colors, such as nice silk blouse or a blazer.
- Boyfriend jeans – Boyfriend jeans are a trend, they look incredible, but if you choose the distressed version, combine it with neutral tones and a very subtle makeup, and this will make your outfit more elegant.
- Accessories – Remember that the accessories play a very important part, so choose a nice necklace and a cute handbag; they will transform your complete outfit.
- Hairstyle – Choose a simple hairstyle when wearing your distressed jeans, this will make you look more formal.
“There are many different types of distressed jeans, ones have bigger holes that can be worn for casual looks, and there are some others with subtle rips that can be worn in a more formal way”, added Salomon Juan Marcos Villarreal.